The Centre of Contemporary Art Cairns (COCA) is the newest NARPACA member. COCA, at 96 Abbott Street, is a significant piece of Queensland Government regional arts infrastructure consisting of:
- The Theatre, a 241 seat black box theatre
- The Space, a large open plan rehearsal and performance venue
- two A Class galleries
- Meeting and workshop facilities
- Paradiso Cairns Cafe, and
- the Theatre bar: number 96.
The Centre of Contemporary Arts Cairns is also home to resident AQ funded companies JUTE Theatre Company and KickArts Contemporary Arts, as well as partnering with End Credits Film Club to provide the ongoing contemporary cinema program, Unseen Cinema. The Centre is also home to Far North Queensland’s Queensland Museum office.
Based at the Centre of Contemporary Arts Cairns is the Arts Cairns team who are responsible for Arts Queensland’s program delivery and infrastructure management in Cairns and Far North Queensland.